Dehellenag's Make Up Studio

Client: Ellena Gunawan
Location: Riverside Park, Mataram City, Lombok





Following image is the design. Click to enlarge


My client is a famous wannabe make up artist. She needs a studio in which she and her employees may able to give the best service to their clients.

Function
The analysis of activity and needs were the first thing I got concerned with. The dimension was specified based on the existing site plan.
 Click on the image to enlarge

Design Concept
I did not even ask my client about the concept. I just asked her promptly what the stuff does she love to collect as a hobby. She loves collecting Hello Kitty stuff since childhood. Bingo! I got the the concept. I decided to play around with pink colour.

What Kind Of Pink?
Once I decided to play around with pink, I made some research about it. Based on my brief research, pink colour is same as white, which is potentially divided into families.  According to Interior Style book released by Benjamin Moore Paints, white can be divided into two families: warm whites, with yellow, pink or brownish undertones; and cool whites, with minty green or blue-gray undertones. In this case, pink is basically the result of red combined with white. More you add the amount of red, you would see the warmer pink. In the return, decrease the red you would get the cooler pink.

Warm Pink. Click on the image to enlarge

Cool Pink. Click on the image to enlarge

As you can see both images above, warmer pink has that impact: Sexy. The cool pink is more "princessy", reminds us to the princess movies. For this studio, I chose the warm pink to apply. To neutralize the effect of red, I used white as colour combination. In order to make the room becomes girly, I decided to cover the wall with rose-pattern wallpaper.

Why Tiffany Chair?
Tiffany chair is a kind of fancy chair probably invented by someone called Tiffany. It is chair without arm rest, made of wood, with pillow on the seat. I have suggested my client that this kind of chair is not comfortable to use specially for a make up studio. However, my client insisted to have fancy chair instead of comfort one. 

Following images are the result of the design. Click on the images to enlarge.